Friday, April 23, 2010

Yeah I know...

...It has been a very long time since my last post which said I will post in a few days. In my defense, Jesus said he was coming back soon and it has been 2000 years. Since I got my excuse out of they way, I thought I would update what I have been thinking about.

Church.
I finished out my last post with what is church actually supposed to be and I never finished it. there are some specific things that need to happen like; community of people in large and small context such as congregation and one-on-one (small groups).Biblical teaching from the leadership on the Bible, using the Bible. Moving the congregation towards a Biblical view of the world, and not letting the world change our view of Xainty. Growth of people moving into areas of responsibility and stagnant people leaving for whatever petty excuses. A leading of loving God first and showing more of what that looks like. I could go on but not right now.

New Book.
Crazy Love. For those that I go to church with, this book has been talked about many times. But I have to stress that this book has changed my look at God. What was wrong with me before, nothing, that was the issue. I was not doing anything to move towards Jesus, I was doing that Christian thing of looking good, being active in church, singing along, but where was the Love? Crazy Love is about God love and what that looks like. Not the works side of things but the aspect of giving love because it is God.
One statement that hit me was If I could have heaven and all that was promised with that, but no Jesus, would I still want to be there?

well really, would you still want to be in Heaven?

No comments: