Monday, January 12, 2009

New Read

I am looking for new topics that can be done with a couple of genreations of guys. I have been looking at different topics, different books of the Bible and nothing has really struck me as "A-Ha, that what we should do!" I am however working on my First John Piper book (not the small 4x4 100pgs long), called "When I don't desire God: How to fight for Joy." This is a harder book for me to read because it makes me stop, process, react to his own thoughts and take a closer look at my reaction in a different way compared to "Wild at Heart".

Wild at Heart looks at the Heart from the past point of view to see how it affects your future actions and helps you overcome it, where John piper takes it from this moment and work forward into eternity. While both books are good, it will be intresting to see how this unfolds into my life.

Here is the link to the e-book
http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/OnlineBooks/ByTitle/1600_When_I_Dont_Desire_God/

Guys, if you have any good Bible Study ideas please let me know.

1 comment:

Spring Lela Kane said...

Great idea! I know Jason would love to start a men's bible study again- ESPECIALLY a multi-generational one. John Piper is great. His thoughts are deep so I can understand why it takes longer to process. I'm reading a Charles Spurgeoun devotional and I have to read his writings the same way- but they're incredibly powerful...